Saturday, June 21, 2014

Markets



Ceaucé has a very small weekly market.  Domfront is a bigger town and has a few extra stalls, but nothing compares to the southern markets of Sarlat or Uzès. 


Still, there are pretty flowers and lots of fruit and veggies for sale.


The market in Domfront even had live "baby birds", including ducks, turkeys, and various breeds of chicken.  Farmers buy them, raise them, then bring them back to the market for sale as dinner.

Even Socrates, who lived a very frugal and simple life, loved to go to the market. When his students asked about this, he replied, "I love to go and see all the things I am happy without."
Jack Kornfield
After the Ecstasy, the Laundry
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was I was more like Socrates.... I always end up buying stuff even though I don't need it. ;)

    ReplyDelete